[olug] Centos 8 build status

Aaron Grothe ajgrothe at yahoo.com
Thu May 16 01:56:57 CDT 2019

 Oracle has released their Oracle Linux 8 beta as well
https://distrowatch.com/?newsid=10543

Oracle rebuilds Red Hat Linux and offers support options on it.  I believe you can also use it freely as well.
My company used to use it since it was the only VM solution that Oracle supported for their licensing of their database products with core restrictions.  We've since moved off of it because we didn't want an outlier of non-standard linux for one product.    On Wednesday, May 15, 2019, 3:11:24 PM CDT, Justin Reiners <justin at hotlinesinc.com> wrote:

 Awesome, thanks to Dave, I can't wait for it!

It's like geeky Christmas, a new centos-release just don't come around very
often.