[olug] [might be OT] Just another smart meter post, but curious

Ben Hollingsworth obiwan at jedi.com
Thu Aug 8 11:34:38 CDT 2019

On 8/8/19 11:25 AM, Christopher Cashell wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 4:24 PM Reiners Cloud Consulting LLC <
> justin at reiners.io> wrote:
>> I ordered one of these bad boys a bit ago,
>> https://www.crowdsupply.com/circuitsetup/split-single-phase-energy-meter,
>> what else is everyone running to monitor power use? Also, has anyone
>> figured out Omaha water meters yet? :)
> I've been looking at Sense (https://sense.com/) for a while now, but I
> haven't pulled the trigger on it.  I *really* wish they had some sort of
> API for data access, but that's the biggest issue I have with them.  Based
> on my (admittedly limited) research, they look like they might be the most
> "complete" out of the box solution right now.

I've seen Sense highlighted on This Old House.  Looks cool.  I agree
about data access API.  I'd love to be able to track things in my
existing MRTG setup.  Hard to justify $300 just to satisfy my curiosity,
though.  If you get a Sense, let us know how it works out.

--
*Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth* obiwan at jedi.com <mailto:obiwan at jedi.com>
www.Jedi.com <http://www.jedi.com>