[olug] network vs. NetworkManager, iptables vs. firewalld?

Lou Duchez lou at paprikash.com
Fri Nov 2 07:20:13 CDT 2018

So, I've seen a couple things that make me think I should consider
switching from the "network" service to NetworkManager, and from
iptables to firewalld.  Basically, it looks like NetworkManager and
firewalld are considered the wave of the future, and I'm currently
clinging to semi-obsolete methods.  Anyone have any thoughts or experiences?

For the most part I think I can use NetworkManager, except that one of
my Linux servers is my network's router.  Anyone had any luck getting
routering to happen under NetworkManager?  I haven't gotten it to work
yet, but it may well be because I'm an oaf.