[olug] Why does OLUG use plain text passwords?

Benjamin Brinkman ben at benjaminbrinkman.com
Tue May 1 15:11:38 CDT 2018

I get that mailman has been the de facto standard for free software
projects for a long time, but there has to be a more secure
alternative by now. It's good that mailman is so ubiquitous because
that's a testament to its stability, but surely someone else has
achieved that along with better security by now.

I have never run a mailing list so I have no specific suggestions.
Just pointing out that new things can emerge over time.