[olug] Docker + xinetd??

Jay Bendon jaybocc2 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 14:14:42 CDT 2018

generally, you don't need a process manager for docker since docker can
restart on process termination.  If you want to pass stdin maybe do it via
a file?

Otherwise i've had lots of success using supervisord.

Also you're using entry point wrong.  Entry point should be a shell script
that takes "arguments" and runs them

# Entrypoint.sh
#!/bin/bash

echo "do some setup"
exec "$@"

####
You're really looking for is CMD which is passed into ENTRYPOINT
CMD ["xinetd", "-f", "/etc/xinetd.conf", "-dontfork", "-inetd_compat"]

--Jay