[olug] RPi as a security camera

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Sun Jun 3 13:04:38 CDT 2018

I'm looking to setup my RPi with a USB camera (Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000)
as a short-term camera to watch for someone throwing eggs in the
neighborhood (joys of being married to a teacher!).

I haven't done any research yet (this is a tonight / this week project) so
I wanted to poll the group to see what others might be using.

I have good wireless, so I plan to save the captured video/images (motion
triggered) back to my home server and I'd like to make them viewable when
I'm at work.

Any specific packages others have used (or suggest to stay away from)?

Thanks!
Dan

--
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch,

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
    (Who can watch the watchmen?)
    -- from the Satires of Juvenal

"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them."
    -- Isaac Asimov (Author)