[olug] Organizations interested in Training and Linux Certs

Dave Thacker dthacker9 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 08:40:55 CDT 2018

Hi Jared,

I'll forward this info to my managers.   We have a lot of Red Hat in our
enterprise,  Would you be able to send me your IWCC email offline so I can
include that in my forward?

You may want to contacting some of the contractors that support Offut AFB
as well.

Personally, I would be a student and testing customer.

Cheers!
Dave Thacker

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 7:54 PM Jared Bernard <jared.bernard at gmail.com>
wrote:

> IWCC is looking at offering Linux Training for Red Hat certs and investing
> in creating a Red Hat Testing Center. All Red Hat certs would be able to be
> taken at IWCC. We could also provide training and exam prep through our
> Continuing Ed department. Currently the closest Red Hat Testing locations
> are Kansas City, Chicago and St. Louis.
>
> Before we invest the time, energy and money to do this, we would like to
> get a feel if this area has a sustainable market to offer these services.
>
> So what I would like to know is:
>
> 1. Would your business be interested in this service? If so, about how many
> people from your business would need training/exam prep or testing? How
> cyclical would this training or testing occur? Would your business just
> want training/exam prep with a proctored cert exam or only access to a
> local testing center?
> 2. Where else could I find some stats that would help me identify the need
> for this service in this area?
> 3.  Any other feedback.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jared Bernard