[olug] Organizations interested in Training and Linux Certs

Jared Bernard jared.bernard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 19:54:20 CDT 2018

IWCC is looking at offering Linux Training for Red Hat certs and investing
in creating a Red Hat Testing Center. All Red Hat certs would be able to be
taken at IWCC. We could also provide training and exam prep through our
Continuing Ed department. Currently the closest Red Hat Testing locations
are Kansas City, Chicago and St. Louis.

Before we invest the time, energy and money to do this, we would like to
get a feel if this area has a sustainable market to offer these services.

So what I would like to know is:

1. Would your business be interested in this service? If so, about how many
people from your business would need training/exam prep or testing? How
cyclical would this training or testing occur? Would your business just
want training/exam prep with a proctored cert exam or only access to a
local testing center?
2. Where else could I find some stats that would help me identify the need
for this service in this area?
3.  Any other feedback.

Thanks,

Jared Bernard