[olug] OT: Teaching Linux as an Adjunct at IWCC

Jared Bernard jared.bernard at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 11:41:11 CDT 2018

Iowa Western is in need of part time adjunct instructors to teach a Linux
Essentials class (we call it Operating Systems). There is an online class
and an evening class (T/TH 5:30 - 6:45). You can teach both or one. I'm
changing up the curriculum using online material and having the students
build a raspberry pi so they have a portable Linux system to play with and
use in class. Classes will start August 20th and will end December 14th.

Qualifications:

* At least an Associates Degree in related field with industry experience.
(Bachelors or Masters preferred)
* Knowledge of the Linux commands and open sources tools, such as: BASH,
vim, Linux File System, grep, ssh, basic shell scripting, etc.

If you are interested, please send me your resume which I will forward to
the Dean.

Thanks,

Jared Bernard