[olug] any WordPress whizzes on board?

Justin Reiners justin at hotlinesinc.com
Fri Dec 7 16:32:38 CST 2018

Sorry, I thought it was a straightforward question.

I was just asking mainly to see what bells and whistles you had to work
with.

you might be able to snapshot the machine and work on a clone, which is why
I asked. There are plenty of Linux pros in this room, as well as the
average visitor posting from time to time.

If it were me I'd clone the whole machine, or at least the root to another
instance and muck around there to test it out. You should be able to get
all the prerequisites you need installed easily, I don't think that
WordPress would have a plugin to do what you are looking for, as far as
merging stuff at the database level but if you can do it once, you can
script it... We have a ton of dev's working on our website at any given
time, we merge with GIT, and only push changes we want public to master.