[olug] Parts Closet remodel

Dave Thacker dthacker9 at gmail.com
Wed May 10 14:02:23 CDT 2017

Greetings Makers!
I'm leading the mini-project to remodel (demolish) the parts closet.  Last
night we cleared out the external wall and relocated the hanging items.
The next task is to clear all of the parts and materials out of the
external wall (behind the white board)  to prepare for demolition.

I'm probably not going to be able to in to the space on Saturday.   If you
are willing to volunteer that day, please concentrate on these tasks:

   - Remove parts and materials in secure and clearly marked containers
   - Put the containers in a safe location that will not block traffic or
   other remodeling work. We may need to disable a bench or two for a few days
   but we need to leave benches available for the PWRS car.
   - Finish the drywall work on the former door to the printer room (next
   to the power wheels car) so shelving can be relocated/built against that
   wall.

That's it for Saturday.   Thursday night we will be ready to carefully
remove the shelving and wall.

One quick note about the printer room remodel.   If you are going to work
on the new drywall inside the printer room PLEASE make sure the 3D printer,
laser cutter, sewing machine, and computers are covered before you do any
sanding.   Dust is bad.  Working equipment is good.  Thanks!

Dave T

--
Dave Thacker
Omaha Mini Maker Faire Production Team