[olug] anyone know how to fix the bootloader on EFI systems?

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 09:54:04 CST 2017

Some thoughts:

Sounds much like my experience when changing a BIOS storage option between
IDE | RAID | AHCI.

Maybe there are some bugs in the firmware.  I would be checking for a new
BIOS / EFI version for your system.

Do not make SuperGrub2 as it is most likely already on SysRescCD or similar
rescue CDs.

 SysRescCD supports EFI.

I kinda recall that more problems with 32bit vs 64bit.  Are you sure there
is a match between the boot media bitness and what is on the HDD.