[olug] OT: Facebook Data Center positions

Michael Turczak d3xavier at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 23:13:26 CDT 2017

Just wanted to drop a line and say hello, and that we are starting to hire
at the new Facebook Data Center in Papillion.  We have a Data Center
Technician position open.  Need intermediate knowledge in Linux, hardware
troubleshooting, and some experience in Python, Ruby, or Shell scripting.
Experience with Chef, Puppet, or Saltstack is highly desirable.

A Data Center Technician at Facebook is considered a Tier 2 or Tier 3
operations support position.  We have a contingent workforce that performs
most of the hardware touches, with only the difficult hardware issues being
escalated to the Facebook FTEs.  A lot of the day to day involves
troubleshooting internal tooling and automation, and running large scale
projects of deploying and decommissioning server infrastructure.

https://www.facebook.com/careers/jobs/a0I1200000LTH6SEAX/

If you have any questions or would like me to submit your resume, you are
welcome to email me at mturczak at fb.com