[olug] Need assistance from apache gurus

Jon Larsen jon at jonlarsen.us
Mon Sep 19 16:15:55 CDT 2016

I have a weird issue on my plate.

I have three apache web servers behind an ldirector load balancer running
centos 5.x on VMWARE.  I've built three new centos 6.x web server VMs to
replace them.

I used the same apache configs, as the apache versions don't change much
between 5 and 6.

I'm encountering intermittent network disconnects when I use the new three
centos 6 systems in production, forcing me to back peddle to the older cent
5 systems.

The disconnects appear at random, and no concurrent high CPU load.

The disk scheduler is already set for deadline, and I'm using the suggested
VMware 'vmxnet3' nic adapters.

I've tried several profiles of prefork settings, but encounter the same
issue.

Currently, they are set to:

StartServers 100
MinSpareServers 30