[olug] Recommendations for VHS digitization hardware / software

Adam Haeder adam at adamhaeder.com
Fri May 6 17:27:24 CDT 2016

Jon loaned me a Hauppague PVR-150 card, and I got it working with this
command:

mencoder -tv
device=/dev/video0:driver=v4l2:input=2:norm=ntsc:adevice=/dev/dsp
/dev/video0 -oac mp3lame -ovc x264 -endpos 00:20:00 -o ~/test.mpg

Input=2 is the composite input on the card. This will record 20 minutes on
that input and then stop. Looks great (as great as VHS looks anyway). Now
the whole world can revel in the glory that was my high school musical
performances.

--
Adam Haeder
adam at adamhaeder.com