[olug] apt-get performance issue

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 19:32:37 CDT 2016

Maybe run htop or atop or something to watch CPU usage during the slow
part.

If the download is still slow, did IPv6 get enabled on your internet
connection?  IPv4 has been much faster and reliable when it comes to Ubuntu
repos.

If still slow over IPv4, check out the apt-fast package:

Apt-Fast is a shellscript wrapper for apt-get and aptitude that can