[olug] Google Fi and US Cellular

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Thu Jun 9 22:32:26 CDT 2016

With the recent announcement that Google Fi is bringing on US Cellular as
their third carrier, I'm tempted to move to them in a few months.

I'm currently on Ting using the Sprint LTE on an older Galaxy S4 and it's
got a lot of quirks (though to be fair, probably more the phone than the
service).

The service/coverage map for US Cellular looks like it covers the
Omaha/Bellevue and quite a lot of Nebraska and Iowa (the main parts I'd
need it).

Can anyone comment on how well they are in the area?

Dan

--
"If a problem has no solution, it may not be a problem,

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
    (Who can watch the watchmen?)
    -- from the Satires of Juvenal

"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them."
    -- Isaac Asimov (Author)