[olug] Anybody up for going on in a 6-pack of Kindles [Semi-OT]

Aaron Grothe ajgrothe at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 19 18:37:17 CDT 2015

Hey Guys,
So you can get the new Amazon Fire for $50.00 or for $41.67 if you buy a 6-pack.
Fire, 7" Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers, Black

|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| Fire, 7" Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers,...Tiny price. Big Fun. Fast and responsive The fast quad-core processor consists of four high-performance 1.3 GHz cores, for quick app launch times, smooth games and ... |
|  |
| View on www.amazon.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

Wondering if anybody might be up for going in on a 6-pack.  Not sure if they'll be here by the next OLUG meeting since I think they might be back ordered.  They're not supposed to be released until September 30 but might be a bit behind.
Right now they are just running the Amazon App Ecosystem, but it'll probably be rooted and be running Cyanogenmod by the Holidays.  I don't think they'll have enough power to run Ubuntu Touch.
Anyway let me know if you're interested in going in on one or two :-)
Regards,
Aaron0-0-0"The Journey is the Reward" - Old Zen Buddhist Saying