[olug] Looking into a career in Linux. Advice?

Rthines81 rthines81 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 13:51:06 CDT 2015

Hey,
       I have used Linux as a hobby and refurbishing and repairing pcs for about 5 years now and decided to look into a career with Linux.
I plan to take some online classes for certificates on Linux foundation,  such as Intro to Linux 101 and the online course for system admin,  setup a machine running centos or fedora, maybe look into getting a server to run virtual labs.  Is that a good start?  For those in the field, hiring or hands on experience,  what do most people look for in candidates?  What other certifications?  Is there a certain field in Linux needed the most?  If you'd like to respond back to my email directly feel free :).

Rthines81 at gmail.com

Thank you

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone