[olug] Fedora upgrade time again

Lou Duchez lou at paprikash.com
Sun Jun 14 03:23:32 CDT 2015

Special thanks, by the way, to whoever instructed me in the use of
"screen" the other year.  If you need to run a utility via SSH where
there is a chance of losing the network connection, first run "screen"
to invoke a session that, if you get knocked off, you can reconnect to
by running "screen -r".  If you're going to upgrade your Linux remotely,
do it in "screen".  You won't regret it.

More info on "screen" and the many things it can do:

https://www.linode.com/docs/networking/ssh/using-gnu-screen-to-manage-persistent-terminal-sessions