[olug] UPnP on a Linux box

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 12:57:30 CST 2015

Broadcast was not always added by default.   Look at the /sbin/ip address
command examples carefully for a plus sign '+'.

Is there a layer 2 smart switch with IGMP involved.  Replace with a dumb
switch.

Since multicast responses can come from multiple IP addresses ( at least
ping 224.0.0.1 does that)  "RELATED,ESTABLISHED" would not be enough.