[olug] UPnP on a Linux box

Kevin sharpestmarble at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 11:42:30 CST 2015

Hello all,

I am trying to get UPnP to work on my linux router. Normal people will have
a linksys or a dlink box acting as their router; I have a CentOS 6.4 box.
My clients behind the router are having problems(Android Device Manager
can't locate them when connected to the wifi for which the CentOS box is
the router, Google Hangouts will work only when I enter that Hangout); I
suspect that it's because their UPnP commands don't work. If I connect them
to my 3G hotspot, everything works fine and dandy. So I'm trying to get
UPnP to work, but no commands I've done would have set up UPnP, to my
knowledge.

I've done some searching and have found
https://gitorious.org/igd2-for-linux/ this page as the most promising, but
the most recent update is from Feb 2013 and I'd have to work from source.
While I can do so, I'd prefer something both more recent and with
pre-compiled binaries.

So does anyone know of pointers to get UPnP working?

Here's what I've done in a nutshell to get the routing working:
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o eth3 -j MASQUERADE #eth3 is my WAN
interface.