[olug] Cert Tapioca transparent network proxy finds 23, 667 Android apps that fail to validate SSL

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 16:34:00 CST 2015

I don't know if Wireshark will run directly on an Android device, but
couldn't you create a mobile hotspot with the android device and then
connect a computer to that hotspot, so the computer is only seeing the 4G
network effectively? Then run Wireshark from there.

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 4:31 PM, Aric Aasgaard <aric at omahax.com> wrote:

> Is there a good Android firewall/ids/packet sniffer?  I can monitor what
> is happening over WiFi but I have no clue what it could be doing over 4G.
> Since apps can tell the difference between 4G and WiFi it is possible for
> them to do bad things only on 4G.

"I'm questioning my education
Rewind and what does it show?
Could be, the truth it becomes you