[olug] Net neutrality wins! (for now, anyway)

Bill Brush bbrush at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 09:50:04 CST 2015

Sorry TJ,  however bad Comcast and TW are, the FCC being in control
will be worse.

40% don't have choice today?  How many people have a choice in
electric company?  In phone company (land line)?  Hell most people
don't have a choice in cable tv provider.  These are all utilities,
why isn't there more competition?  Simple answer, there isn't enough
profit there to make it worth the entry cost.

Dig into the proposed rules, look at the "rule" that covers "bad
stuff" other than throttling and such.  Essentially they can step in
if someone is doing something they don't like, even if it's not one of
the defined "issues".

Sorry if you think that the tier 1 ISP's are being evil, but inviting
a bunch of bureaucrats who probably couldn't tell you the difference
between DSL and cable modems to "fix it" is unlikely to have a
positive impact.