[olug] Net neutrality wins! (for now, anyway)

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 09:10:29 CST 2015

You can't call up Verizon and tell them to stop throttling content.

Comcast was throttling P2P content back when people were assuming we were
already operating under net neutrality, and they were caught lying about it
to both consumers and the FCC. That is why Verizon then sought to clarify
they weren't in fact already covered by net neutrality and could start
blocking/throttling content.

Perhaps you've missed everything in the news about these companies lying to
consumers, openly abusing them, and providing training to abuse customers
because they know there is no competition so they can get away with it.

If you want more of that, I don't know what to say.

Time Warner just openly declared in the earnings statement they have a 97%
profit margin on broadband currently, and they raised prices because fuck
consumers.

You really want to trust those guys?

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 2:18 AM, Aric Aasgaard <aric at omahax.com> wrote:

> I would much rather deal with Verizon and Cox than a federal government
> agency.  For example you cannot call them up and say, I don't really like
> this, I am going to go with a different government service provider.

"I'm questioning my education
Rewind and what does it show?
Could be, the truth it becomes you
I'm a seed, wondering why it grows"