[olug] Linux gamers?

John Serafino lzrblade at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 00:09:51 CST 2015

I'm mostly a lurker, but I am part of this community and very much prefer
to do my gaming with Linux. The Humble Indie Bundle 12 included games that
all had Linux support, including Gone Home and Papers, Please, which are
big in artsy indie circles (read: what I'm into). When I realized how many
games have Linux support these days, a game not having it became a huge
deterrent to buying.

I don't back Kickstarter projects personally, but I do like to keep an eye
out for interesting Linux and indie games, and it could bring more
opportunities for gaming related discussion to the table.

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 11:21 PM, T. J. Brumfield <enderandrew at gmail.com>
wrote:

> This list seems to be aimed more at sysadmins most of the time, but are
> there Linux gamers on the list?
>
> There are frequently Kickstarters for Linux games out there that need
> visibility and support. Would members of this list like the occasional
> overview of Linux games you back on Kickstarter?
>
> There is one that just announced Linux support is no longer a stretch goal,
> but a base feature at the initial funding level that I'm excited about. If
> you remember Ultima Underworld, this is a successor from the original
> Looking Glass Studio guys. The original game was the first fully textured
> 3D game. It was really innovative. This Kickstarter needs some support.
>
> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/othersidegames/underworld-ascendant/
>
> -- T. J. Brumfield
> "I'm questioning my education
> Rewind and what does it show?