[olug] Disinfecting home network needed

Jack jdunn110 at cox.net
Sat Feb 7 00:05:28 CST 2015

I have a home network consisting of a centos/gateway 64-bit laptop, 2 HP
printers, 1 Ipad,  1 iphone and a smart tv.  There was an incident about
6 months ago where I clicked on a malware email and the associated link
- I usually am pretty good about not doing this, but it was from someone
whose name I knew and I was not thinking too clearly that day.

A tech wiped the laptop and we were able to restore some of the files
from backup.  The tech then installed a pfsense router which separated
the wireless network from the wired, until the router crashed a month or
so ago.  I'm not a sysadmin, so I haven't restored the pfsense router.
I have since put in 2 commercial routers, both of which have been
disabled - it is not possible to get into them.  I suspect the malware
is still hanging around.

I'm looking for someone with some good forensic experience who can
disinfect the system.  If you happen to know anyone like that, contact
me off list.

Thanks,

     Jack Dunn