[olug] [OT] 2015 Omaha Mini Maker Faire Call for Makers Open

dthacker dthacker at bluestrain.net
Mon Apr 20 22:26:36 CDT 2015

The Omaha Mini Maker Faire will be held on September 19th at the Omaha
Children's Museum.  Our Call for Makers is officially open.   We're looking for
people who want to share their creativity with visitors of all ages.  Last
years Faire exhibits included, computing, electronics, textiles, bookbinding,
Legos, cosplay, canoe building, alternative fuels, stop motion animation, and
underground greenhouses!  There were a few 3-D printers, too.

There is no charge for non-commercial exhibitors.   Last year we had over 1000
visitors and we're looking for a bigger and better Faire this year.   In
addition to the standard table exhibits, we're also seeking people to give
presentations, classes or workshops in the Museum's science lab through out
the day.  ( I seem to remember a few folks interested in demoing Raspi's)

To apply to exhibit or present at the Faire, just visit
www.omahamakerfaire.com and click on the "Makers Apply Here" button.

Whether you're exhibiting or attending, I hope to see OLUG represented at the
Faire.

Cheers!

Dave Thacker