[olug] OT: Offsite Backup

Kevin sharpestmarble at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 20:23:38 CDT 2015

Have you checked Wikipedia[1]? They've got a table of several vendors along
with several features and what vendor supports what feature? My
process(when I get around to actually doing it) will be to copy the table
to Excel or whatever spreadsheet you prefer, then take out the periodic
column/row heads. Then I'll identify a feature I want, such as Linux
support, then delete all the vendors that don't have that feature.
Eventually you'll be left with a much smaller list, but from there you can
visit each vendor's website and get prices there.

Alternatively, every Friday, Reddit's sysadmin subreddit[2] has an "Am I
Getting Fucked Friday" thread where you can create a throwaway account,
post what you have(in your case, "several Citrix Xenserver hosts with
Windows(Exchange, SharePoint, MSSQL) and......") and what you're looking to
do(backup), and maybe your solution(Avamar provided by the datacenter) and
other redditors will post what they're paying for similar things.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_online_backup_services
[2] https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin