[olug] OT: Offsite Backup

Aric Aasgaard aric at omahax.com
Mon Apr 20 12:17:55 CDT 2015

I am looking for suggestions for offsite backup providers or a software
solution that I could colo.

We currently use CoSentry's EMC Avamar solution.

The price they are charging us per GB is increasing.  I feel that the cost
per GB should be reducing at a rate greater than that of inflation.

My environment consists of several Citrix Xenserver hosts with Windows
(Exchange, SharePoint, MSSQL) and Linux guests, one VMware vSphere ESXi
machine with a SCO Unix guest, and a few important Windows 7 desktops
running analytical chemistry software.

In addition to the offsite backups I am backing up to FreeNAS locally.

I would like a solution that has granular recovery for Exchange mailboxes
and SharePoint lists and file level recovery for SCO Unix running on VMware.

Any suggestions, recommendations and or rude comments would be appreciated.