[olug] OT: Weird Poweredge 720 errir

Aric Aasgaard aric at omahax.com
Thu Sep 25 14:15:10 CDT 2014

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/poweredge-
r720/manuals

Page 147 of the manual

AMP0303
Message
The system board <name> current is greater than the upper critical
threshold.
LCD Message
System board <name> current is outside of range.
Details
System board <name> current is outside of the optimum range.
Action
1.
Review system power policy.
2.
Check system logs for power related failures.
3.
Review system configuration changes.
4.
If the issue persists, see Getting Help.

The fans probably went faster to compensate for the heat and put it above
the specified range of the power policy.

There are probably other risk assessment variables to consider but I would
probably just clear it and not worry unless it happens again.