[olug] Best distro for bleeding edge web server and best VPS

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 13:03:06 CST 2014

Old PHP and Apache/Nginx packages often have known security vulnerabilities
and yet the major distros still drag their feet on providing the latest and
greatest. If there is a really critical security vulnerability, they'll
patch in a fix for that into an old package.

There are also performance concerns where PHP 5.5 and Apache 2.4 offered
huge gains and yet every distro waited for ages to provide packages.