[olug] OTish - What is the best WiFi access point

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Thu May 29 11:50:13 CDT 2014

I find brand new smartphones need more accesspoints than 8 year old
TabletPCs.  Then it gets to be a management problem changing information
across multiple access points.  Ssh helps here but ubnt.com / Ubiquity
offers free management web server software that runs on Linux.  Decent
enough.

Ubiquity hardware is small and cheap and usually PoE but i cant say yet it
has been as durable as wrt54g or BuffaloTech.