[olug] On topicish

Justin Reiners justin at hotlinesinc.com
Wed May 28 17:20:05 CDT 2014

Debian isn't bad at all. Repos are quite dated. Most of the time more so
than centos. But debian is a mighty stable distro. Centos for servers and
use Ubuntu variants for desktop use for more bleeding edge. Just sick of
unity. I miss 10.04... Still have an old server on that distro. Never
rebooted other than kernel updates.

Too many of the Debian/Ubuntu offshoots are too unstable for a daily
driver. I guess it is all in what you use it for.

Sadly Ubuntu/mint is pretty stable. More so mint than Ubuntu for daily PC
usage IMHO.