[olug] Disappointment and a question ...

unfy olug at unfy.org
Thu May 22 19:31:37 CDT 2014

Yes, replaced the stock PSU with something more beefy.  Stock PSU is
only something like 300 watts.

The replacement was an EVGA 600B (600 watt / bronze / bought locally).
Has the two necessary PCIe power connectors instead of having to use an
adapter, etc.  Is actually newer enough to do 8pin cpu power and two
8pin pcie power.

Power supply and card put in the Core2Duo system = fires right up.
Power supply and card in the Vostro = no POST.

-Will