[olug] Way OT: Finding car parts

Damian Harouff cekkent at gmail.com
Thu May 15 04:14:46 CDT 2014

I've only been lurking here for months... interesting that my first post is
about cars....

Regarding that part number, FOSZ 3N824 A is actually F0SZ 3N824 A; that
second letter is a zero. In Ford's part numbering scheme:

F = 90's decade
0 = 0th year, in this case, 1990
S = Thunderbird
Z = "Ford service parts / Aftermarket parts"

So sometime in its life, your Thunderbird has had this sensor/switch
replaced.

Here's the cross-ref for aftermarket manufacturers:

Cross Interchange Parts
AIRTEX 1S6841
CARQUEST 53-47325
WELLS PS502
FORD F0SZ-3N824-A
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS PSS18
ACDelco F3987
ECHLIN OP6764

Looks like NAPA can get OP6764 for $109.