[olug] Looking for an open source app

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 03:38:34 UTC 2014

I'm looking for an open source app to manage a project. The first two
things that came to mind are Bugzilla and Trac, but my needs are a little
different.

The project will be organizing, voting on and vetting of crowd sourced
assets.

* It needs to be able to handle unique user accounts
* I need to be able to differentiate accounts in groups with different
permissions
* People need to be able to submit files (preferably with revisions)
* Users need to be able to vote on the submissions and offer feedback

The ability to show the assets (3d models, textures, sounds, etc) would be
a plus but not necessary because they can link to another site like
Sketchfab that can handle that.

Any suggestions?

-- T. J. Brumfield
"I'm questioning my education