[olug] Centurylink "Gigabit" my ass....

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Fri Jun 20 19:54:18 CDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 9:41 AM, Justin Reiners <justin at hotlinesinc.com>
wrote:

> FWIW, I use cox business at home, and use well over a TB a month... :P It's
> not cheap, but no throttle for me.

+1 for Cox business class at home for $99.

For five years I had it at home (south of Bellevue near the base) and
always had decent speeds.  Since I worked from home I could justify it as a
worthy expense.  When the kids got out from school for the summer, my speed
never decreased where my neighbor started complaining about how bad their
YouTube and NetFlix videos started buffering a lot more - which we chalked
up to the single loop feeding the home users was saturated, but the second
loop for business class was lightly loaded.

I don't work from home anymore and I can't complain about the speeds I get
- my monthly Sam Knows report (https://www.samknows.com/) shows I'm getting
a consistent 22-25Mbps and I can't complain.

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"