[olug] Cox Speed Increase

Jason N dashrender at cox.net
Wed Jul 9 14:30:19 CDT 2014

I think for downloading, DNS won't make a bit of difference, unless I'm completely missing somthing.

The only difference DNS makes is how fast your browser learns the IP address of the website you want to visit.  Once it knows that the download process itself should be affected what so ever.

---- Aric Aasgaard <aric at omahax.com> wrote:
Nice, thanks, I recommending someone try SpinRight on a hard drive
yesterday.

I did the benchmark and then the make custom list and then did another
benchmark.
What I am/was doing still seems to be then best.