[olug] No Sound in Firefox 20.0 on Ubuntu 10.4

Don Kauffman dekauff at cox.net
Sun Jan 19 17:23:03 UTC 2014

I've had a problem with this for quite awhile, both in the older Firefox
version that was in Ubuntu 12.4 and the version I'm running now. I know
it's not the system because the chromium browser plays sound just fine.
(For reasons of my own, I'd prefer not to make the chromium browser
default.)

I've googled this problem and nothing I've come up with seems to help.
I've tried disabling the plugins 1  by 1. I've tried setting up alsa to
point to card 1.

Has anyone experienced this issue and fixed it? If so, can you point me
to a fix?

Thanks,

Don K.