[olug] Tiny rack-mount chassis

Aric Aasgaard aric at omahax.com
Fri Jan 10 23:16:25 UTC 2014

.......or you could get a Dell PowerEdge 1950 for less than $100 off eBay.

For example
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-PowerEdge-1950-Server-1-86GHz-Quad-Core-CPU-4-0
GB-RAM-PERC-5i-DRAC5-/331103915569?pt=COMP_EN_Servers&hash=item4d1754ce31

I have built a pfSense box with this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856107095
It works well, but it cost more and doesn't have the reliability features
such as hardware RAID, ECC memory and a Dual PSU.