[olug] Virtual Phone Numbers

Shawn L. Djernes shawn at djernes.org
Thu Aug 14 09:29:18 CDT 2014

First if you can port out that number you have and people know then do that. This will save you on carrier costs of having a "line" there.

If you can not port (to many reasons to list), then I would get a new DID in the rate center. Once you have the DID setup forward all calls from the old number to it. At this point you do a bit of pointed marketing updates saying "our number is changing".

---
Shawn L. Djernes