[olug] WTB AMD Phenom II X4 980

Kevin D. Snodgrass kdsnodgrass at yahoo.com
Sun May 5 04:48:11 UTC 2013

Really?  I'm still plugging along with a 2003 built Athlon 2800+ with a measly 1 GB RAM. :-)

> I priced new cpu/mobo/ram combos, but didn't want to spend the time
> or the $600 to get something really nice.

Can't help with that.

Are you sure you need new CPU/motherboard?  Would a new/fast video card make enough difference?

Even on this old system, which I can't even run Flash plugin on (no SSE2 instruction set), it's only some polluted JavaScript on some websites that pegs my CPU.

Kevin D. Snodgrass