[olug] Ipv6 help/pointers

Kevin D. Snodgrass kdsnodgrass at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 27 13:27:32 UTC 2013

Note: I have exactly 0 IPv6 experience...

Can't you setup your residential router to be IPv6 on the internet side and
DHCP/nat IPv4 addresses on the inside, so basically the only difference is the
*router* gets an IPv6?

From the presentation that was giving at an OLUG meeting (last year I think) I
got the impression that IPv6 meant all devices were "visible" outside your DMZ.

I *LIKE* not having to setup iptables or whatever on every machine in my living
room data center. :-)  Makes life so much less complicated...

FWIW, my router has exactly 0 ports open to the outside.

Kevin D. Snodgrass