[olug] NAS

Sheldon, Roger W Roger.Sheldon at firstdata.com
Mon Jul 1 19:00:51 UTC 2013

Thx for link I will have to ck that out. Yeh I thot bout Freenas but need to come up with a presentable, low power/noise case. Not to mention RAID controller, backplane etc that would all fit. I think it would be great if there was a DIY kit that would fit the bill.
Checked out Buffalo but closest I found was a 6 bay TeraStation(tm) 5600 for just over $1000. I feel that QNAP & Synology has better package and prices still. But you bring up good point... wonder if I can purchase them w/out disk. I was planning on purchasing disks separately.

Roger Sheldon
Storage Engineer
wk 402.777.7901
cell 402.889.2585