[olug] All-in-one computers

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 22:37:32 UTC 2013

I built a Linux based HTPC, but neither Amazon's service nor Netflix work
on it in Linux.

Boxee had a nice unified search, but no Netflix on the Linux build and
Boxee completely abandoned self-builders. XBMC doesn't have a unified
search across all content providers (last time I checked).

Now my TV has built-in apps for Netflix, HBO Go, Hulu, etc. So does my PS3.
My HTPC gathers dust sadly.

Going back to the original subject, my primary objection to most All-In-One
PCs is that if you replace it, you're throwing that large display away.
That seems like a waste to me.