[olug] [OT] CC Processing

Jeff Hinrichs dundeemt at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 21:26:42 UTC 2013

Make sure and check with his bank.  Most banks have processor connections
that may/may not be a better deal.  Then work through the numbers for each
deal.  Depending on volume and avg amount the deals can very greatly.  What
may have looked more expensive at first becomes the better deal at volume.

Take into account charge backs, monthly fees and other discounts.   Just
like insurance, banks tend to give better deals the more services you use.
And the mode of payment, card present vs. Not present affects rates too.

Don't forget that credit is not the same as a debit card.  There are
different fees/rates for those.

Lots of number crunching ahead for you.  Don't skip it because it can make
a real difference to the bottom line.

Best,
Jeff Hinrichs