[olug] link aggregation question

Tom Fritz tfritz at me.com
Fri Aug 30 18:08:42 UTC 2013

Looking for a switch to support Link Aggregation 802.3ad (LACP) to trunk IP on NAS. Any recommends?

Most Cisco switches will do LACP. I have done this with a 3524 (not a good platform for this because of shared buffers on the ports). I currently am running 4948's for TOR switches and do some LACP with them. The WS-C4948-10GE-S has 48 10/100/1000 copper ports and 2 slots for 10G optics. They run around $1100-1200 used. the 10G optics are around $400. I could get you a test box for 30 days if your interested. I don't sell this stuff BTW but I do know the guys over at ODI.

Tom.