[olug] more secure FTP server?

Lou Duchez lou at paprikash.com
Tue Aug 13 02:07:28 UTC 2013

... I think maybe I spoke too soon -- VSFTPD seems to do a fine job of
logging when I test it myself.  I had assumed it was a brute-force
attack because the IP that the hack originated from is in Bavaria, but
as far as I can tell, a brute-force attack would have been logged and
Fail2Ban would have shut that down (that's what happened when I tested
it myself).

Malware on a user machine?  Packet sniffer?  All I can do is talk to end
users, change the passwords, and try to lock the FTP down by IP.