[olug] DoveCot

Lou Duchez lou at paprikash.com
Sun Apr 7 20:31:47 UTC 2013

Well, warnings and errors aren't going to help; let's start there.

I don't have a "protocols" or equivalent statement in my dovecot.conf;
comment it out.

Comment out the "ssl_ ..." lines as well; SSL can be sorted out later.

It looks like, for most of the rest of it, the messages are telling you
what the fixes need to be.

Here's what my "doveconf -n" looks like:

auth_mechanisms = plain login
disable_plaintext_auth = no
mail_location = maildir:/maildirectory/%d/%n
passdb {
   args = /maildirectory/passwordfile
   driver = passwd-file
}
service auth {
   unix_listener /maildirectory/passwordfilesocket {
     group = postfix
     mode = 0660
     user = postfix
   }
   user = vmail
}
userdb {
   args = /maildirectory/passwordfile
   driver = passwd-file
}
protocol lda {
   postmaster_address = postmaster at paprikash.com
}

And here's what /maildirectory/passwordfile looks like -- a bunch of
lines of this nature:

lou at paprikash.com:{plain-md5}91e2b3ef58778be043d21a65fab87e73:vmail:vmail